Thursday 21 January 2010

Thinking Thursday: Soaring, Running, Walking

Isaiah 40:31
Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not faint.

The above quote from the Bible used to puzzle me, because I have been a Christian a long time, but I don't soar very often. I have a disability, which I have mentioned elsewhere in this blog, and often feel very weary indeed. Then I read something like this in one of those daily reading books, and it comforted me greatly:

Eagles soar without any effort, being lifted on thermal currents. Sometimes we soar on the wings of the Holy Spirit.
Sometimes we cannot soar, but we can run, and God will give us the strength to not grow weary.
Sometimes things are really hard and we cannot even run. But God will uphold us if we lean on him.

No comments: