Thursday 18 August 2011

Thinking Thursday: Maybe We're Supposed To Run

It's funny to think about it now, it wasn't that long ago, but when I was younger, when I was a kid, I used to run. I used to run everywhere, something in me, I wouldn't stop. I ran to my parents, I ran to my bed, I just ran. And I think we're all sort of like that, we're on fire for life, with no responsibilities. Just living, and excited to get places.

And then at some point, I stopped. We all stopped. We just started walking. We started coping, getting comfortable, getting content. We were no longer on fire, we were no longer passionate, there was no longer the burning desire in our hearts. But we kept walking, fitting in. And you can call it whatever you want – proper, easy, normal, but it all just seemed so boring. Is this what it was about?

But maybe we need to get passionate again. Maybe life isn't about being comfortable, or content, or making it easy. Maybe we're supposed to be different, and be passionate, not lukewarm. Maybe instead of walking around, being normal, we're supposed to be radical. Maybe we're supposed to run.

www.sermonspice.com

No comments: